Sunday, August 24, 2008

Off to Tucson!!!

It is 2:00 a.m. and I just finished packing! Three very large, over- weight suitcases later . . . I finally have the time to take a deep breath and say, "OMG, I'm going to Mrs. America!"

My flight is early in the morning so I am hoping to get at least a few hours of sleep (But I'm too excited! I feel like I'm going to Disney World!)

I have had a "crazy" couple of weeks to say the least! Finalizing my gown and state costume and getting everything at home ready for "mommy" to be gone for 10 days, has been a bit hectic.

Marney (Mrs. America 2007) and I had GREAT fun Friday morning on 107.1 radio with hosts, Daven and Ana. Then I finished the evening attending my "send-off" party hosted by state director, Tricia Dampier. (I will post pictures when I return from Tucson). One of the best times of my life. It was soooo awesome to hear all of the words of encouragement from the former queens. I got fabulous goodies to get me ready for Mrs. America. Thank you ladies! I love you!

I probably will not be "blogging" while I'm in Tucson because I'm going to try and absorb every last minute of this experience.

But I promise to have lots of fun pictures and stories when I return!

THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me throughout this experience and I truly cherish all of your support!

No matter the outcome next week, I am soooo honored to go to Tucson as Mrs. Colorado!!

No comments: