Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Summit Medical Center Dancing With the Mountain Stars Gala

After taking a few weeks off after returning from Mrs. America, I was SO excited to dive back into what I love . . . being Mrs. Colorado. I have an exciting 8 months ahead of me and I look forward to all of the great opportunities.
I was honored to be a special guest and keynote speaker at the Summit Medical Center Dancing With the Mountain Stars Gala in Keystone, Colorado.
The black-tie event was a huge success with over 400 attendees. NINE professional dancers were brought in from L.A. to dance different dance styles with local "Summit Medical Center Supporters" or as we like to call them . . . celebrities. The amateur dancers trained for several months to put on a great show! They ALL were amazing!
All proceeds went toward equipment for the cardio-vascular lab. This equipment is key for the today's technology in preventing and detecting cardiac disease. The hospital has been there just over 3 years and has grown to be one of the main medical facilities in the mountain areas.
The goal was to raise $100,000 toward the foundation's $250,000 goal (which is half the cost of the machine).

I am always honored to share my story of the wife of a heart attack survivor, mother of two, Mrs. Colorado and an American Heart Association Ambassador.




Head of the Summit Medical Center Health Foundation, Deb Edwards. She coordinated the event and it was amazing!! I was honored to be there!


Paul Chodkowski, the CEO of the Summit Medical Center. Congratulations on a successful event and thank you for having me!


The Dancing With the Stars winner, Kelly Renoux!! She did an amazing dance to "Singing in the Rain". Fred & Ginger would have been proud! She is a Benefits/Compensation Manager for Copper Mountain and Winter Park Resorts.


Congratulations to the "People's Choice" winner. She did an amazing version of the Charleston! She is a nurse by day but she was a "show stopper" that night!


During the professional dancers finale. They were amazing!


My handsome date . . . my husband John.


Raeanne Duca, owner of the Royal Image Boutique, donated over $400 for the event. She provided the wardrobe for the fashion show a few months ago in Breckenridge.

No comments: