Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A dream come true!

After vying for the crown for 4 years, it is an honor to now call myself Mrs. Colorado 2009 and be a part of this amazing group of women who’ve held the title before me. In addition, I’m honored to represent all the 2009 candidates who are undoubtedly some of the most incredible women I’ve ever met! This journey to becoming Mrs. Colorado was made possible because of the love and support I received from my “Mr. Colorado”, my parents, in-laws, family, friends and community. I would like to give a heartfelt THANKS to all of you! WE did it!!!!
As I sit here on my couch writing my first official blog entry as “Mrs. Colorado”, I think that the reality of what lies ahead is sinking in. I am so excited to work alongside my Director, Emily, and my “Sister Queens” in this upcoming year. The reigning Mrs. Colorado always has the opportunity to participate with and support such great organizations and events; I’m really looking forward to all of them. And Mrs. America will be here before I know it, which I am absolutely ecstatic about!
In closing, I would like to end with the lyrics to a song that I feel have summed up my 4 year journey to becoming Mrs. Colorado. I heard this song a few months ago, and was deeply touched by its lyrics. Ironically, this was the song that played during our “Top 5 Production Number” in the Mrs. Colorado Pageant this year. To everyone who’s ever had a dream….this is for you! Enjoy your journey!
“There’s always going to be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to have to lose
Ain’t about how fast I get there
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
IT’S THE CLIMB!”
-Miley Cyrus (The Climb)

Royal Regards,
Megan Yarberry
Mrs. Colorado 2009


Floating on cloud nine, as Mrs. Colorado 2009!

Mr. Colorado", my husband Scott. The king of my heart!

The Top 15....they were all such incredible women!

1st Runner Up, Rita Case....such a sweetheart!

The Top 5

What a proud moment this was to be photographed with some of the "Queen Sisters".

Me, Emily (the Acting Mrs. Colorado Director and Mrs. Colorado 2002), and Christina (Mrs. Colorado 2008)

My good friend and Mrs. Colorado 2008, Christina Sacha

The most incredible parents in the world!!!!

My wonderful in-laws!

My dear friend and mentor, Tricia (the Exectutive Director of the Mrs. Colorado Pageant, and Mrs. Colorado 1989).

I was VERY excited to wear my crown and sash into the restaurant after the pageant! And I have a very "picture happy" mom whom I'm sure will capture EVERY moment of my year as Mrs. Colorado! I didn't even get a chance to walk in and put my purse down before she was snapping pics of me! Love you mom!

Three of my GREATEST friends celebrating with me after the pageant. I wandered around the restaurant sampling all of my family and friends food, anxiously awaiting my giant hamburger to arrive!

The morning after the pageant, with my VERY proud "Mr. Colorado." We were both still on cloud nine. I am SO fortunate to have a husband who was equally as excited about this dream as me.

No comments: