Friday, May 01, 2009

The Go Red For Women Luncheon

The Go Red for Women Luncheon was a successful event. I was honored to be a special guest and an ambassador for this years event.

My directors, Emily and Tricia have been so supportive throughout my year. They have always encouraged me to do something extraordinary. I love you ladies!

One of the keynote speakers for the event was Tricia Dampier. I was SO proud of her. I encouraged her to come to the casting call back in February to audition to be a speaker and representative for the national campaign. Her mother is a heart attack survivor and her story is so moving.
Tricia has been doing public speaking for nearly 20 years and is the founder of Girls Speak Incorporated.


Marney Duckworth, Mrs. America 2007 was also there to show her support.


Pat Woods, Tricia's mother, survived a heart attack in Oct. She is a reminder of why we fight this disease.


Tricia's story of her mother's heart attack brought everyone to tears.


We Go Red for our mothers, our grandmothers, our sisters and our friends.


Steve, board member of the American Heart Association and Patsy, one of my favorite survivors!









No comments: