Sunday, June 07, 2009

American Heart Association's "Heart and Stroke Walk"

On June 6th, the American Heart Association hosted their annual “Heart and Stroke Walk” to help fight and bring awareness to heart disease. The Mrs. Colorado Organization showed our support by creating a group called “The Queen of Hearts”, which consisted of me, former Mrs. Colorado titleholders, 2009 contestants, and friends.

Here I am pictured with Christina Sacha, Mrs. Colorado 2008. In 2007 Christina’s husband suffered a massive heart attack. So needless to say, during her reign as Mrs. Colorado she was very involved with the American Heart Association. It was an honor to participate in this event and carry on the support created by Christina.

Mrs. Colorado Director, Emily Stark and me.

Our beautiful banner was created by “3rd Dimension Signs,” which is located in Canon City, Colorado.

My friend Jamie is such a trooper and supportive friend! I was so happy that she traveled to Denver with me to join us during the walk.

It was so much fun hanging out with some of my “Queen Sisters” during this great event! Pictured left to right: Emily Stark (Pageant Director and Mrs. Colorado 2002), Christina Sacha (Mrs. Colorado 2008), Sheri Engstrom (Mrs. Colorado 2004), me (Mrs. Colorado 2009), and Jennifer Lamont (Mrs. Colorado 2005).

Lori Pace (Mrs. Denver) and Kimberly Reece (Mrs. Westminster) were kind enough to hold our “Queen of Hearts”banner as we walked together in the fight against heart disease.

No comments: