Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Mrs. Colorado Send Off Party

"Sisterhood is the essence of all the wisdom of the ages, distilled into a single word. You cannot see sisterhood, neither can you hear it nor taste it. But you can feel it a hundred times a day. It is a pat on the back, a smile of encouragement. It's someone to share with, to celebrate your achievements."
~ Anonymous
My mentor, dear friend, and former Mrs. Colorado Director, Tricia Dampier, threw the most amazing send off party to Mrs. America for me on August 28th! I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to celebrate my final days before leaving for Tucson than to spend it with this group of my true friends…..my Queen Sisters. One of the greatest “perks” of being Mrs. Colorado is to become a part of this sisterhood of former queens. We spent the evening at a great restaurant, 240 Union, while the ladies shared stories about me and gave great tips and advice for my duration at Mrs. America. The girls all spoiled me with lots of crown goodies, which I will treasure always!

Tricia gave me this beautiful 50th Anniversary Barbie Doll. Inside the box it says “Generations of Dreams,” and there is a Barbie wearing a CROWN right on the front of the dress…..talk about perfect! I’ve loved Barbie dolls my whole life, and have always enjoyed collecting them. So it was perfect when I was nicknamed “Queen Barbie” by the sisters.


My wonderful friend and mentor, Debi Moore (Mrs. Colorado 1994)


It has been SO special being Emily’s “first queen”. She is a great director, and I look forward to many more memories with her this year! (Emily-Mrs. Colorado 2002)


Me and my pageant “BFF,” Christina. (Mrs. Colorado 2008)


L to R: Marney Duckworth (Mrs. Colorado 2006/Mrs. America 2007), Paula Arand (Mrs. Colorado 1995), me, and Raeanne Duca (Mrs. Colorado 2000)


L to R: Traci Holman (Mrs. Colorado 2001), me, and Debbie Barnhill (Mrs. Colorado 1993)


Sheri Engstrom (Mrs. Colorado 2004)


L to R: Amy Nugent (Mrs. Colorado 1996), me, and Elizabeth Cartmill (Mrs. Colorado 2003)


L to R: Jennifer Lamont (Mrs. Colorado 2005), me, and Sharon Nuanes (Mrs. Colorado 1981)


Christina bought me this awesome robe! It’s pink, has crowns and rhinestones all over it, AND has my name and title embroidered on it…..PERFECT! This will be worn frequently while getting ready at Mrs. America!


A super cute crown tank from Sheri Engstrom….more pink and rhinestones!


Crown wine charms and crown swizzle sticks from Elizabeth Cartmill….how fun!


This table was set up with pink cupcakes (pink is my favorite color in case that hasn’t become totally obvious), Barbie dolls, and fun “Queen” cocktail napkins. I absolutely LOVED my Barbie themed party!


Russell (Tricia’s hubby) even came to my send off party! What a good guy!

No comments: