Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Thanks to my sponsors and supporters!

They say “It takes a village to raise a child.” Well, it also holds true that “It takes a great team to build a beauty queen”.
As I’ve been preparing for this once in a lifetime opportunity to compete in the Mrs. America Pageant, I have been so fortunate to have the support from multiple businesses and individuals. To the following proud sponsors and supporters of the Mrs. Colorado Pageant, who have generously provided their services and time:Christina Sacha/Creating the Perfect You for image consulting and coaching, Tricia Dampier for interview coaching, Raeanne Duca of the Royal Image Boutique for my great wardrobe, Megan Anderson for being the mastermind behind my head shot and ad page for Mrs. America, Dr. Lori Kemmet for making my smile perfect through cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Raj TerKonda and Heather Eckert for making sure my skin is flawless and providing me with great skin care and make up products, Kent Paul of KPaul Fit for making my body “pageant perfect,” Alichia Ryan for refreshing my face, “At the Beach” for giving me a healthy tan through the VersaSpa tanning system, and Debbie Barnhill for the introducing me to the amazing Galvanic Spa.
Also to the local businesses from my hometown of Canon City and surrounding areas who have offered their financial support and services towards my journey to the crown:Ginger Ovinek of Capture the Moment Photography for the my “lifestyle” photo shoots, Fandies Candy Company for donating the gifts given to each of the 50 candidates at the Mrs. America Pageant, The Abbey Winery for donating two elaborate gift baskets for my “dignitary gifts”, Elite Family Fitness for the gym membership. And to Kwik Stop, the Fremont County Humane Society, Tom Halus, Starpoint, Mandi and Casey Zimmerman, and Moore’s Quality Earthmoving for their generous donations.
Many thanks to my parents (Glenn and Kristy McCarter) and my in-laws (Bill and Penny Yarberry) for offering unending support in every way I needed it. Much appreciation to my TRUE friends who have shared in my joy of being Mrs. Colorado, and encouraged me in my dream of becoming Mrs. America. To my “Queen Sisters”, I have learned so much from you all and have treasured your advice and expertise. And last, but certainly not least, thanks to my amazing “Mr. Colorado,” my husband Scott. Without Scott, none of this would be possible. This preparation process has been a very time consuming and tedious one, and he’s been incredibly understanding and offered a helping hand whenever I needed it.

“When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.”
-Dom Helder Camara

No comments: