Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Zarlengo Foundation Ball

The Zarlengo Foundation Ball is a great annual event that places much needed emphasis on learning disabilities in our youth. All the proceeds from this event went towards the Havern Center, which is a school for learning disabled children at the elementary and middle school levels. The funds given to the center are used for things such as scholarships, teacher training, and classroom materials. The theme of this year’s ball was “Believe in Me,” and featured actor, producer and humanitarian, Danny Glover, as well as actor and director, Felix Justice. Mr. Glover spoke about his own struggles with dyslexia, and inspired the crowd with his story of success.
I was honored to be a part of this wonderful event, and modeled a 7 karat diamond ring that was offered in one of raffles. I would like to thank the Zarlengo family for including my husband and I in this wonderful event!

Here is the 7 karat diamond ring, which was valued at over $9,000!

Another one of the items available in the raffle was this scooter

I was so excited that my dress matched the colors of the event….and I didn’t even plan it!


With the Executive Director, Katie Zarlengo

I just had to take a picture of the desert, which featured the event theme “Believe in Me”. It was very yummy!


With special guest speakers, Felix Justice (left) and Danny Glover (right).

With my sweet husband, Scott.


With Denver Bronco football player, Ebenezer Ekuban


And here I am with the lucky winner of the 7 karat diamond ring. I was hoping that my raffle ticket would be the lucky winner, but this lady was so excited about her big win and I was so happy for her.

No comments: