Friday, June 17, 2011

A Special Mother's Day


May 8th, 2011

Mother's day has always been a special holiday for our family and this year was no exception, except for the fact that my Mrs. America adventure would be aired on national television.

I am blessed with a large family and one that has decided to live within the same area code, BOTH sides of the family!  We started the beautiful Sunday by attending church with my in laws and after gathered at my mother's for an early dinner and viewing party.  What a great way to spend the day and to celebrate the women in my family.  I am who I am because of the beautiful, strong, and compassionate women I call grandma and mom.

with sisters Julia, Samantha and Courtney and Mom and Grandma
Very special women in my life!

I was extremely excited to relive my Mrs. America  experience and to see how our fifteen days would fit into a two hour special.  What a treasure I will have to share with others for years to come.  What an amazing ending to an incredible adventure, receiving 2nd runner up at Mrs. America.


enjoying every minute of being on stage at Mrs. America.

No comments: