Monday, April 21, 2014

Well Hello There

It was just over a week ago that I fulfilled a lifelong dream and was crowned your Mrs. Colorado 2014. As much as I wanted the crown, I always felt that it was just out of reach. I have been competing in pageants since I was a little girl and had never won an overall title until now. I remember my old Cinderella state director, Denise Swartzman’s mantra that “a winner never quits and quitters never win” (I think Vince Lombardi actually coined this phrase, but I’ve only ever heard it from Miss Denise). These words are so true and I am glad that I heard her whispering those words to me as I contemplated whether or not to compete again for the title of Mrs. Colorado.

The past week has been an absolute whirlwind and I have a feeling the rest of the year will feel about the same, but I couldn’t be more excited. In the coming weeks I will be making my first official appearance as Mrs. Colorado at the “Art of Transformation” event benefitting the Diabetes Community Center in Colorado Springs (https://www.facebook.com/events/261006804060046/? ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming), turning 30, and heading to Mrs. America! It should be a very exciting and rewarding summer.

My goal this year is to make a difference in as many people’s lives as possible, through volunteering. This is my lifelong passion and I encourage all of you to find some time to volunteer as well. Also, if you have a project or event that you would like me to help with please contact Emily or myself. I would love to know what your passions are and help in any way I can. I hope that you will follow me along my journey here on the blog as well as on our facebook page.

To all of the wonderful women I have met through the pageant over the past two years, I hope that you will take a moment to meditate on the words of Miss Denise (or Vince) and consider coming back for another amazing experience. Each year will bring new growth, new friends, and new opportunities.

No comments: