Friday, May 09, 2014

My First Few Appearances

I am so excited to share my first few appearances with you! First, I had the pleasure of serving as an ambassador for an event called Dining Out for Life. This event was so much fun and I encourage you to look into volunteering for next year's event. Over 250 restaurants in the Denver Metro area donated 25% of their sales from the day to Project Angel Heart, a local nonprofit that delivers meals to people with life-threatening illnesses. As an ambassador I was assigned to a restaurant to greet diners, inform them of the event, and collect donations. Thanks to all of the diners that came out, Project Angel Heart was able to raise more than $300,000 for their mission. A special thank you to Erin Bodien (Mrs. Denver) for coming out to support the cause.
That same week I had the pleasure of attending a fun run in honor of Pat Tillman. If you don't know who Pat Tillman is let me fill you in. Pat Tillman attended my alma matter, Arizona State University (ASU), he went on to become a professional football player for the Arizona Cardinals and after 9/11 left his multimillion dollar contract to join the Army. Two years into serving his country as an Army Ranger, he was killed in combat. Soon after his death his wife and the community put together the Pat Tillman Foundation which now holds an annual fun run that is 4.2 miles long (representing Pat's football number). Although the main run happens in Tempe, AZ at ASU alumni groups all over the country and military around the world hold shadow runs. I was honored to have had the privilege of starting the race. Pat Tillman is the perfect example of a true American hero and will forever be missed. Check out this little video about the Pat Tillman and the foundation. I promise you it will inspire to get out there and be a hero in your community.




Finally, I was so honored that my sister queen, Debi Moore asked me to attend an art show fundraiser in Colorado Springs benefitting the Diabetes Community Center. Her sister Andrea Houk is the Co-founder and Executive Director of this amazing organization who's mission is to transform the lives of those touched by diabetes through education and support. I was able to meet many of the clients and I know that this organization is vital to the Colorado Springs community. Also, thank you to Emily Sabat (Mrs. Colorado Springs) and Muriel Blackshire-Martinez (Mrs. Pueblo) for coming out to the event. 




(The young man in the middle made me a friendship bracelet)


No comments: