Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Million Lights of Hope Gala

I attended the Million Lights of Hope Gala on March 13. The theme for the evening was “Vintage Vegas”, and some of the guests even wore 1920’s inspired outfits! The event featured a silent auction, and a live auction which I assisted with. The gala benefited the HOPE Center, a 48 year old organization that focuses on early childhood education and care and vocational training for adults with developmental disabilities. Services are provided to at-risk children, children with developmental disabilities, and inner city children who are gifted. Many of the children served are from lower socio-economic backgrounds.

I couldn’t resist a photo op in front of the “Las Vegas” sign!

Here I am with the organizer of the event, Gerie Grimes

Showcasing the hockey pucks signed by Patrick Roy during the live auction

I was in charge of “ticket duty” during the evening, where I announced the winning tickets for prize holders.

With “celebrity emcee” of the night, Gloria Neal.

My beautiful mom attended this event with me as my guest.

No comments: