Thursday, April 29, 2010

2nd Annual "Project Ruffway"

Walking the runway with the very cuddly and cute Madison.

On April 9th, I was honored to be a model in the 2nd Annual “Project Ruffway.” The event featured a silent auction, and a fashion show with both models and dogs. The proceeds from the event went towards Colorado State University’s Animal Cancer Center and the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation. The “furry models” were provided by the Table Mountain Animal Center. This event was very near and dear to my heart because my dog, Neiko, was diagnosed with cancer in November of last year. I'm happy to say that Neiko has been fighting his illness with great success and strength! Being able to help raise money for other animals affected by cancer has without a doubt been one of the most memorable events I’ve taken in part in during my reign as Mrs. Colorado.

Madison decided to stop and eat a treat in the middle of the runway. It’s pretty safe to say that the dogs stole the show! The models were just their “arm candy”.


This dog is a cancer survivor who was only diagnosed with 2-3 months to live last April……but he’s still here!


These two little girls were my biggest fans during the event. Here I am signing some of my autograph cards for them.


Participating in fashion shows are always fun because you get hair and makeup done! As you can see, my hair was larger than life!

Here I am with the Executive Director of the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, Melissa Westerman.

No comments: