Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am humbled!

Being named Mrs. Colorado amongst the other 51 incredible married women from our state is truly an honor. Becoming Mrs. Colorado last Saturday night was a dream of mine, born over 20 years ago on the Miss Teen USA stage. As Miss Colorado Teen USA 1990 I placed in the Top Ten; becoming the first Colorado Teen to achieve that distinction.

Shortly after my teen title, I met and married my high-school sweetheart, Chuck. From the beginning, our marriage set the stage for the two of us challenging each other in all aspects of our lives. As college students we balanced our academic pursuits while building our family.

Our marriage of 17 years has blessed us beyond comprehension. Today, we have three wonderful children who bless us daily. I love spending time at their sporting events and participating in bible studies with other women. I am truly excited to be part of the Mrs. Colorado family and will be introduced on Channel 31, "Everyday" at 10:00 am on June 4th! Tune in to watch my first television interview.

Come back often to keep up with my adventures as I prepare for Mrs. America!

No comments: