Sunday, May 16, 2010

What an incredible journey!

How is it possible that my year as Mrs. Colorado has come to an end?! My expectations during my reign exceeded everything I’d ever hoped for. I competed for four years before earning the title of Mrs. Colorado, and it was well worth the wait. Having made nearly 60 appearances this past year, I’ve had some of the greatest opportunities imaginable and met some amazing people. Being Mrs. Colorado was not something that was accomplished alone, though. I had the greatest support system that a queen could ask for. From my husband, my parents and family, my in-laws, my sponsors, my friends and my community and sponsors….THEY all made this possible for me. This past year will forever live in my memory as one of the greatest years in my life. Below are pictures of some of the highlights of my year.
Being crowned by my good friend, Mrs. Colorado 2008/Christina Sacha.

With American Idol season 9 contestant, Lily Scott. She was a performer at the 2010 Mrs. Colorado Pageant.

My last official appearance as Mrs. Colorado, on Fox 31 "Fox Box". Other guests on the panel were radio DJ Uncle Nasty, and actor/comedian Mike Epps. Shaul Turner, the host of Fox Box, was a judge for the 2010 Mrs. Colorado Pageant.

At the 2010 Mrs. Colorado Preliminaries with Cyrus Frakes, star of the TLC show "King of the Crown."

With actor, Danny Glover, at the Zarlengo Ball

With my roommate and best friend from Mrs. America, Jen Hart (Mrs. Nebraska)

State Costume at Mrs. America. I represented Colorado’s favorite season, winter, as a snowflake. The headpiece was borrowed from my mentor, Mrs. Colorado 1989 and former Mrs. Colorado Pageant Director, Tricia Dampier.

Top 10 Swimsuit Competition at Mrs. America

Top 10 Evening Gown Competition at Mrs. America

Top 11 semifinalists at the Mrs. America Pageant

Visiting a brave Veteran at the Veteran’s Hospital

Visiting the sweet angels at the Children’s Hospital

Recording the commercial for the “PAWS” Facility in Pueblo. My dog, Neiko, and I were featured in the commercial.

Being introduced and on the “Jumbo-Tron” screen at the Colorado Rockies baseball game.

“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
-Dr. Seuss

No comments: