Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas with the Queens!

Mrs. Colorado x 15
....oh and 1 Mrs. America!!

My Christmas celebrations began earlier than normal this year. "Christmas with the Queens" hosted by Megan Yarberry, Mrs. Colorado 2009 was a great start to my Holiday Season. On December 3rd, the Mrs. Colorado titleholders who could make it, were found tackling the "Parade of Lights" traffic to meet up at Strings in Denver.

The Christmas tradition is a coveted yearly highlight for the Mrs. Colorado sorority. Can you imagine? A room full of beauty queens? What a fantastic group of women this is. Sitting around the table celebrating one of my favorite holidays, the birth of Jesus with very real Colorado women truly is an honor. Part of the tradition holds that the reigning queen's predecessor has the responsibility of planning the night. Megan did a fantastic job tackling the task. I have a feeling this planning sparks the competitiveness in each of us...I'm already thinking of what I will do for next year. This is a good thing...I'm very goal oriented. When I give up my title, I'll need plenty of tasks to keep me busy.

Speaking of competitiveness, the night culminated in a very spirited gift exchange. Having done this around the tree for years with my family, I was no longer considered the rookie in the room. I wasn't afraid to go after what I wanted from the LOVELY Debbie Barnhill, Mrs. Colorado 1993. Unfortunately, Sheri Engstrom, Mrs. Colorado 2004 had the same inhibitions! She was the winner of a beautiful "The Queen" necklace.

You could say the crown jewel of the Mrs. Colorado organization really is the sisterhood of women who make this sorority so priceless. Take a look at the Hall of Fame link I've added to see the amazing women who have - gone before me, so to speak! Merry Christmas Colorado - From all of us at Mrs. Colorado!!



with our beautiful hostess, Megan Yarberry, Mrs. Colorado 2009



Christina Sacha, Mrs. Colorado 2008 and Debi Moore, Mrs. Colorado 1994



Raeanne Duca, Mrs. Colorado 2000 with her prize



Elisabeth Cartmill, Mrs. Colorado 2003 with a....crown!



Megan's beautifully styled table


....cupcake table


close up of the night's indulgence! Yum!







No comments: