Friday, December 10, 2010

Foundations of Hope 2010 Gala

with my daughter


Who doesn't love a girls-night out? My daughter and Emily Stark (Mrs. Colorado Director) were my dates for the Hope House of Colorado, Foundations of Hope 2010 Gala. In my prior posting about HH, I hope you can see my heart for this organization. When I learned I was going to be a mom, I was in my junior year of high school and Chuck was in his senior year. Thankfully, the two of us turned to God and asked Him - 1.) Forgive us and 2.) Direct our paths. In addition to learning our role of becoming mom and dad, we were learning what it meant to be husband and wife, and college students. Without our faith in the Lord, we wouldn't be coming up on 18-years of a very strong marriage.

Early on in my pregnancy I was pointed to this scripture, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Hope House is essential for Colorado's teen parents. The young moms need to know they absolutely CAN have a future. They need to believe wholeheartedly God does have a plan for their lives. HH, helps them to know this.

My daughter and I participated in the gala's silent auction. We were in need of a special gift for my niece's baby shower. We found the perfect outfit and set our sights on it. Of course, someone else did the same thing! We strategically placed ourselves so we ultimately gave the last bid before time was up. Our competitive juices were flowing!! We were victorious in winning the item, ultimately accomplishing two goals. We had our gift and the money went to a tremendous cause.

Hope House more than tripled their financial goals that evening. It's such a blessing to see God's favor over this organization. Lives are being changed for the better there, and God is blessing them for it.

The SWEETEST photo gallery is up on their website, they shared this the night of the gala. Please take a moment and click on the link below.

No comments: