Monday, November 24, 2008

28th Annual Heart of Hearts Gala . . .

My husband and I had an evening we will never forget at the 28th Annual Heart of Hearts Gala. We were presented with the Henry M. Porter award, a humanitarian award, for our work in the community educating and preventing heart disease.


The Hearts of Hearts Gala is hosted by the Rocky Mountain Adventist Healthcare Foundation in support of cardiovascular services at Porter and Littleton hospitals.
Porter Hospital saved my husband life. Before being presented with the award the Gala was shown a short video of our story and what we have done since his heart attack. Cameramen had been filming various events over the past couple of months to make the video. It was very touching to see our story on screen.
As an ambassador for the American Heart Association, a wife of a survivor and as Mrs. Colorado I have taken this opportunity to educate that this disease does not discriminate.
My husband started the Colorado Pain & Rehab Charitable Foundation with proceeds going to the American Heart Association. Together we have been able to share our story hoping to prevent anyone else having to go through what we did just over a year ago.
We are so blessed to have a second chance and feel that giving back to the community is the least we can do.
THANK YOU to the Rocky Mountain Adventist Healthcare Foundation for presenting us with this honorable award.
We had an evening that we will cherish forever.

John and I were SO honored as we were presented with the Henry M. Porter Award.



In my acceptance speech, I was able to thank my husband for being a fighter and for inspiring me, the American Heart Association for having me as an ambassador, the Rocky Mountain Adventist Healthcare Foundation for this honorable award and of course the Mrs. Colorado organization for giving me the opportunity to have a voice that could be heard.


John's acceptance speech was so touching and very inspiring.

This night brought all of my roles together . . . American Heart Association Ambassador, wife of a survivor and Mrs. Colorado. One of the proudest moments of my life.


My survivor and motivation!


With last year's recipient of the Henry M. Porter Award, Dr. Bruce Paton.
We were honored to be his successors.

With the Master of Ceremonies, Mark Koebrich from Channel 9.

John and I before dinner.


Laura Fitch, part of the Rocky Mountain Adventist Healthcare Foundation. She was the person responsible for planning this amazing event.
JOB WELL DONE!


John and I had an evening we will never forget!


Peter Howell, the CEO of John's group Colorado Pain & Rehab, and his fiance' Judy came to show their support.

No comments: