Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Harvest Fest at the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey

The 8th Annual Harvest Fest was held on September 26th and 27th on the grounds of the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey. The weather was amazing, and the turnout was great! During this event, vendors set up with food and crafts, while the winery offers tastings of their award-winning wine. In addition, visitors can participate in the grape crush for one of the winery’s most popular wines, the “Wild Canon Harvest.” This wine features grapes from all over Canon City and surrounding areas, and is absolutely delicious! While people are mingling during the festival, musical entertainment is provided as well. This year my dad’s band, Deja Bluz, serenaded the crowd.
Making appearances as Mrs. Colorado in my community are always very special to me, and I was honored to sign autographs and help promote the Harvest Fest. The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey has supported me as a sponsor during my year as Mrs. Colorado, and I was glad to give something back to them.
Check them out at
www.abbeywinery.com.
With the owner of the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, Larry Otto.

This is Tom Lockhart, the featured artist who created the posters for this year’s event. In addition, his artwork will be on the upcoming Riesling and the Syrah. The painting we are standing in front of is the original piece, which is available to buy. To find out more about Tom and his art, check out his website at http://www.lockhartfineart.com/.

To the right of me is Mimi, who is the owner of “Mimi’s Gems.” And pictured on my left is my good friend and the jewelry designer for Mimi’s Gems, Suzanne. She has created all of my stunning and unique pageant jewelry the last two years. Check out their website at http://www.mimisgems.com/.

My parents (pictured to my right) and some of their best friends.

Mr. Colorado decided to make an appearance, too!

What a bunch of cuties!

No comments: