Thursday, May 26, 2011

Her Life Magazine photo shoot

Opportunities
March 20th
It can be so great when two worlds collide. 
The first year I competed in the Mrs. Colorado pageant I was awarded the title of  Most Photogenic. 
With this award you are given a one year modeling contract with Donna Baldwin Talent of Denver.  I never in my wildest dreams thought of myself as a model, maybe dreamed but never thought I could ever become one.  I have been blessed with so many amazing opportunities throughout my four years with Donna Baldwin.
I was contacted by the agency right before leaving for Mrs. America and was asked to do a spread in the "Her Life" magazine.

I truly believe people are put into your life for a reason and this was exactly one of those moments.
Modeling the fabulous clothes for Soignee and meeting the owner Diane Lessnau was a wonderful experience, not only that but I was introduced to Ronnie Hedrick from "Her Life" magazine and Dusty Volkel, the fabulous photographer.  We had so much fun creating the images and being transformed into a whole new persona was exciting.  This shoot was from a French designers point of view, I think we nailed it!


with the owner of Soignee, Diane Lessnau

Goofing around with Dusty during our photo shoot.
Doing our best "Zoolander".

modeling one of Soignee's beautiful dresses and accessorizing with a few pieces from my own collection.


They had heard about my new title, which led to discussions about how I was getting ready for Mrs. America.
It is amazing how one thing can lead to another.  I walked out at the end of the day with three new friends, beautiful clothes to wear to Mrs. America, fun photos with me and my sash, and "Her Life" attending my send off party to photograph the event.
I am forever grateful for their generosity and look forward to working with them all again.
Check out the spread from Her Life magazine in the May issue.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150245228318638.367984.101576708637

No comments: