Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ronald McDonald House "StoryBook Ball"

The Ronald McDonald House held their annual “Storybook Ball” on February 27th, and I was honored to attend the event as Cinderella! The event is based off of storybook character every year, and this year they choose “Cinderella” as the theme. It was decorated beautifully with everything in shades of blue, castles, and even silver pumpkins! Cinderella sang the words “A dream is a wish your heart makes”, and this ball was a dream come true for grown up women who still believe in fairy tales! The Ball featured many items available to bid on in auctions, with all the proceeds benefiting the Ronald McDonald House. The purpose of the Ronald McDonald House is to provide low-cost, comfortable housing to out-of-town parents needing to be near their hospitalized children.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!!! Here I am with my Fairy Godmother….and what a perfect Fairy Godmother she was! She came equipped with a bag of “wishes” for all the guests.

This little girl was a beauty! I think I see a future Miss America!

What would a Ronald McDonald House event would be without Ronald McDonald himself? My dear friend and Mrs. Colorado 1994, Debi Moore, attended the Ball with me, and here we are pictured with THE Ronald McDonald!

My job during the evening was to encourage guests to bid on a beautiful Tiffany’s sterling silver bracelet, which I “modeled”. I was more than happy to strike a pose while wearing something from Tiffany’s!

This Ball was the PERFECT opportunity for women to dress up in gowns, and these two ladies looked phenomenal in theirs!

No comments: