Monday, August 23, 2010

Delaney Wadsworth

Delaney Wadsworth

Delaney Wadsworth turned three years-old on March 26th. On July 3rd she was diagnosed with Diffuse Pontine Glioma, a cancerous tumor growing on and around her brain stem. The doctors say the tumor is inoperable. Her parents, Jason and Brenna received the heart breaking news that once diagnosed with this tumor 5% of the children live only 9-12 additional months. A benefit dinner for the Wadsworth family took place on Sunday, August 22nd. My family and I were invited to be a part. We were asked to introduce our friends and (we consider) our family, The Caballeros - a praise and worship band.

As Mrs. Colorado my goal is to be a voice of encouragement and hope to the people God places along my path. I think last night, hope was given to all in attendance as we watched the bravest little soul, Delaney sing to a packed gym - Jesus Loves Me. Delaney's parents have taken a leave of absence from work so they can raise their daughter and be with her in her last moments. The family is asking for prayer, that God would perform a miracle and cause her tumor to vanish. Would you pray along with us?

Delaney is a pageant queen at heart. She's already a competitor and on September 11th there will be a "Lady Bug" pageant held in her honor. I told Delaney that she is a Princess and because she is one, she deserved a crown. I gave her one of mine and decided my crown would stay in it's case this night.


With Princess Delaney

Introducing my favorite Boy Band and their Dad- The Caballeros, Praise and Worship Band

Delaney and a baby kangaroo

Singing Jesus Loves Me


Chalcey, Chaz and Payton (my kids) with Micah and Eli Caballero

No comments: