Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Private Artwork Viewing

With Kim Nguyen, Creative Program Manager of Pikes Peak Behavioral Health Group



I traveled to Colorado Springs on August 10th where I was privileged to a "Mrs. Colorado - Private Viewing" of what I consider to be very inspirational art. The renderings are from Fort Carson soldiers who are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Pikes Peak Behavioral Health Group's Military Creative Expression's class helps the soldiers better deal with the PTSD. I have been asked to return to an auction on August 12th where these beautiful pieces will be sold to the highest bidder. The funds will go towards scholarships for the therapeutic art class. I got to pick out two pieces and I cannot wait to meet the artists who created them at the upcoming auction.

No comments: