Thursday, November 18, 2010

Passion for Fashion

with Karen Overton co-founder Christian Women Development Association and event co-chair
in front of a Pakistani bridal gown


When I am invited to events around Colorado, one of the most common questions I get is, "What is your platform?" The Mrs. Colorado pageant traditionally is not considered a platform pageant, however every woman who competes brings with her a heart or passion for something. My number one goal in life is to bring God the glory He deserves - everything that is good in my life is a result of His work alone. My passion and my heart is to be a champion of marriages, of women, of mothers and families. When I heard about The Christian Women Development Association and the work they are doing for the Pakistani women, I knew it was a perfect fit for this Mrs. Colorado. CWDA provides an education and training program to the women of Lahore, Pakistan. Josna Azim of CWDA says, "to educate a man is to educate a person, but to educate a woman is to educate a family, and ultimately, a nation." CWDA's Christian mission for Pakistan women began in 2000, impacting and educating over 3,000 women and children.

Fashion Group International and CWDA recently joined their talents and organized a luncheon and fashion extravaganza. I was honored to sit with the co-chairwoman's Karen Overton. Karen is a woman among women. Her heart for impacting others in unmistaken upon introduction. To learn more about CWDA's efforts for the families in Lahore, Pakistan go to www.womensdevelopmentassociation.org



with key-note speaker Aroona Shahrukh

No comments: