Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Fellowship of Christian Athletes

with Columbine High School FCA athlete and counselor

I often giggle at God's sense of humor. He has blessed me many times with working out details that ultimately show He has everything figured out. His plan for me is always better than my plan for me. I thank HIm for that!
Earlier this year, Chuck and I were invited to attend the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Partnership Banquet at Invesco Field. You know Chuck was excited, there are very few things in life that warrants rearranging his little league football practice. The keynote speaker of the night was none other than Bobby Bowden, former Florida State University Head Football Coach. Coach Bowden is second in all-time wins for Division I. Our family has high regard for athletics and the impact coaches have on their athletes, ultimately influencing them for the cause of Christ. Attending the FCA event was a privilege. Coach Bowden shared a lot of insights in coaching and as Chuck knows first-hand, Bowden reminded the importance of being "available." Many of the players are lacking a father figure in their lives and the coach relationship helps fill that void. The very exciting part of the night for me was sitting next to the two beautiful women pictured above. The Columbine athlete was very brave to stand in front of the attendees and give her touching testimony. FCA has made a huge impact on her life and she couldn't wait to give God the glory in the results. God has placed her in perfect care, her FCA counselor was a former Columbine student who was in the lunch-room during the Columbine incident we are all very familiar with. Having the opportunity to fellowship with these two remarkable women of God, really was more than I could have asked for.

No comments: