Sunday, March 13, 2011

Honoring our Veterans

with a United States Veteran and two 2011 state finalists

It's a humbling experience to be in the presence of a real life hero.  Sadly, the real heros are seldom lifted up to the seat of honor they have earned and deserve!  Society looks to the glorified heros on the basketball court or on the football field while forgetting the freedom and liberty we so often take for granted has been made possible by the men and women who have served and are now serving our country.  I will forever remember my time at the Veterans hospital.  Walking in and out of the patient's rooms and visiting with them humbled me and I am forever changed by the experience.  My children and I will be returning to serve in any way we can, I look forward to being there again soon.  Both of my grandfathers served in World War II.  My grandpa, Jim Crowe passed away many years ago due to complications with cancer.  His last days were lived out at the Veterans Hospital in Denver.  Our family is forever grateful to the caregivers who serve there.  

with part of the nursing staff at the Veteran's Hospital

with a VA patient and US Veteran



No comments: