Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day at the VA Hospital


Mrs. Colorado's Challenge- Day 4
Topic: Courage

Today I was lucky enough to have been invited to attend the VA hospital for Valentine’s Day.  My queen pageant sister Erica Kumar attended with me and it was so much fun to experience the stories of courage with a friend. We met many veterans today and heard a few stories that were just incredible.  I left the hospital to return to my day job feeling very humbled and honored.  The experience this morning really has made me think a lot about my perspective on life, my goals that can sometimes seem impossible, and the simple things in life that I want to appreciate more often.  The experience this morning has left me thinking, if these men could fight for our country and survive horrific conditions, I can certainly achieve the goals I have set for myself.  I leave you with one of my favorite quotes…

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."
- Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments: