Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Creating Time for the People You Love


Creating Time for the People You Love

 We all need a reminder to take care of your mind, body and soul.   During my year as Mrs. Colorado, I realized the importance of taking time out to spend with the people you love.  These “people” for me are my family.  This past week I turned off the electronics, stepped away from work, and spent much needed time with my husband of 13 years and two fantastic little boys.  With that said, I hope you understand and appreciate the lateness of my blog entries. 

This past week, over a road trip, I rediscovered the little joys in life.  From silly car games to talent shows performed by my family, I was reminded of the importance of carving out time to spend with the people I love.

This past week, I forgot about the daily chaos of things like baseball practice, homework and rush hour traffic.  I forgot about managing schedules and preparing for business meetings.  This past week felt amazing and invigorating because I removed all the stressful things in life and surrounded myself with the people who need me most.  These are the same people that I need most too!  I know vacations can’t always be frequent but they are so important.  Even if it’s a “stay-cation” for a single day, I urge you create time for the people and things you love.  It really will fill your spirit with joy.

No comments: