Sunday, February 17, 2013

Eating Clean Is So Yummy


Mrs. Colorado's Challenge- Day 6
Topic: Eating Clean Is So Yummy

One of the most precious things about being Mrs. Colorado and attending the Mrs. America competition is all the friendships that you make.  Now with social media, staying in touch could never be easier. As you know, I have recently committed to a Clean diet and am constantly looking for new recipes. Well, I found a winner!!!

I just made these muffins recommended by my queen sister Beverly Hartle, Mrs. Idaho 2012.  Oh yeah, she won “best body” at Mrs. America!

Queen Sister Beverly Hartle Goes Banana’s for Banana Muffins

1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup Splenda
3 egg whites

1 teas vanilla
1 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup whole oats (blend to flour)
1 teas baking soda
1/2 teas salt
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used plain w/ honey)
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional-I didn't use)

Preheat 350 oven
Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients. Add yogurt and mashed bananas.
Scooped half cup into muffin tin or into baking cups. Bake 35 min Enjoy!!
 

No comments: