Monday, February 11, 2013

Sisterhood Treasures


One of my favorite things to do during the day is check the mail box. I know you probably weren’t expecting that and I totally realize how very quirky I am but it gives me so much pleasure. Today I was especially excited to check the mail box because I was anticipating a Valentine’s card from a dear friend.   Let me tell you, I was not let down. The card was there and it was beyond fabulous (see below)!  My queen sister and dear friend Sharon Nuanes is not only one of the nicest human beings on the planet but one of the most creative people on this earth. 

Every year Sharon hand makes elaborate costumes for her family and they take a photograph for their holiday card wearing the costumes. This year the theme was Alice and Wonderland!  Seeing this card brought back so many memories for me as Sharon made me my very own Hammonds Candy Girl costume for the Mrs. America pageant. Although I did not win the costume contest, I felt so incredibly adorable in her costume not only because it was so incredibly darling but because it was made with sisterly love.  Her act of kindness is what I will always remember as a sisterly treasure. I was also invited to attend the Hammonds Candy Cane Festival in costume!  So much fun, thank you Hammonds Candy! I can’t wait to help the next Mrs. Colorado prepare for Mrs. America, especially the costume part because it showcases their creativity and state. As my mom always says, “You have to pay it forward!”
My Costume for Mrs. America, The Hammonds Candy Girl!
 

No comments: