Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sisterhood

Mrs. Colorado's Challenge- Day 12 and 13
Topic: Sisterhood

Hi ladies! I’m sorry, but, life got in the way so I have to do two days in one blog. I hope you understand. Saturday, at the Mrs. Colorado Shopping Day, I had the time of my life.  Not only were we advocating for preventative healthcare by offering a free mammogram to every women over 40 but we were supporting and creating a sisterhood between women. Pageantry is competitive but it also does this amazing thing, it brings women of all backgrounds together for one goal.  To me, that is the gift of the Mrs. Colorado Pageant.

I deeply enjoyed meeting each and every one of you on Saturday and feel so honored to have shared a small part of your journey with you. I encourage you to enjoy every moment, journal your experiences and feelings because soon it will be a distant memory and you will wish you had.  Unfortunately there can only be one winner on May 18th 2013 but my hope for each of you is that you win something much more than the crown.  My wish is that you win whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish.   Each year that I competed I learned something new about myself.  As much as I wanted to win on my first try, I thank God that he made me work for the goal three times before achieving it.  My words of adive to you is, “Enjoy the ride and take note of the journey!”

Please remember that I am here for you.  I have been in your shoes and know what it’s like to have this dream.  Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for support.  I can’t wait to see each and every one of you shine on that stage.  Good luck my sisters!



No comments: